1) Why take a nap before your party? If you’re super busy or had a hectic day before the evening of your event, a quick 45 minute or less snooze will help boost your energy, relax your nerves and, can possibly help with your decision making. Like, what to wear?
2) Essentials Needed: A bed or comfortable couch, pillow and a blanket, low lighting, jazz, instrumental or mellow music played in a soothing volume (like background music). We recommend anything from Miles Davis, the Kind of Blue album is a good place to start. See our playlist below:
3) Upon your scheduled event: In order to get your disco nap in good, be sure to block out 20-45 minutes (no more so you can spring up and back into action) before you need to start getting dressed. For example, if your event starts at 9:00PM your disco nap needs to be at between 6:15PM and 7:00PM.
Spray your pillow case with a Lavender essential oil prior to laying down and using a sleeping mask will be a perfect way to get your nap going.
We’ve mixed a handful of mellow grooves and instrumentals especially, made for your Disco Nap below:
Zero Lights: Get your sleeping location as dark as possible—no digital lights as well, (that means no cell phones, iPads or laptops). The dimmer the lighting the better for psyching your brain into thinking it’s time for slumber . Darkness is essential to sleep. The absence of light sends a critical signal to the body that it is time to rest. A sleeping mask will do the trick!
4) Time Keeper/Alarm Clock: One of the most important tips to remember in preparation for your nap is to make sure you set your alarm!!! Whether it’s your cell phones alarm or your alarm clock on your nightstand. Either clock will do the trick. Make sure the volume is up enough to hear it ring out and, it’s a sound that will wake you up. Everyone has their own preferences for sounds that will get them up; my preference is slow music that ascends as it moves forward. Like Frank Oceans “Pink+White” or Phoenix’s “After The Moon”, whatever your pleasure, mellow or super up beat tone, as long as it wakes you up the first time. That’s all that matters.
5) Time to Get Up: You’ve awaken on time as your alarms only duty, oh so gently. Now, you can take a moment to do a couple of inhales/exhales, stretch your body as there may be some sleep inertia (that grogginess and disorientation that can last for half an hour or more) and then jump into that invigorating shower to get your blood pumping.
Get dressed and be on your way to party the night away. If you do feel a little groggy after your nap, try drinking a glass of apple cider (unfiltered) or eating an apple for an extra natural boost of Vitamin-C aka energy! Furthermore, fiber is always good for you. Remember a few winks of sleep can go a long way in helping you get through, a night of festive partying. Try these tips for the holiday parties you’ll swing through right to New Year’s Eve (or beyond) and thank me later.